While we service clients on a national basis, Intellect is proud to be headquartered in the greater Tampa Bay area, which encompasses the cities of Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater and surrounding areas. In addition to offering a solid economic base for working professionals, Tampa Bay is widely regarded as one of the nicest places to live in the United States. Here are some fun facts about the region:
- The Tampa area enjoys an average of 361 days of sunshine per year, with an average temperature of 73 degrees
- The greater Tampa area has a population of over 2.4 million residents, with an average age of 34.1 years old. (Source: U.S. Census Bureau)
- Average commute time is just over 23 minutes (Source: 2000 Census)
- There is no state income tax in the State of Florida
- The average home price in the region is $121,200, versus $146,800 nationally (Source: Triad Research)
- Tampa is the #1 ranked “Cyber City” in Florida, and 13th ranked nationally (Source: Nielsen)
- Tampa International Airport consistently ranks #1 with business travelers
- Tampa is home to several major league sports teams, including the NFL’s Buccaneers, the NHL’s Lightning, MLB’s Devil Rays and also is home to several major league baseball teams for spring training
- The University of South Florida, located in Tampa, is the state’s second largest public higher education institution
The following websites offer a wealth of information concerning salary comparisons, geographic cost-of-living differences, relocation assistance and more!
- Salary Calculator : Calculate a range of salaries based upon job description and location.
- Cost of Living : Compare the cost-of-living differences among hundreds of U.S. cities.
- Apartment Locator : Locate apartments in cities across the U.S.
- Moving Calculator : Calculate the cost of your move from state to state.
- Lifestyle : Find the best cities in the U.S. for you based on climate, taxes, etc.